Last weekend is a sad reminder for me that our flooring project has stretched from one long weekend to another - has it really been more than a month?
Hubby and I were so positive that everything would go as planned and we could have our living space back in less than 2 weeks. Not quite so. The contractor postponed twice and was impossible to track down. We decided to go with someone else, and before we knew, we already wasted one month time waiting.
Now that the project has finally started to move ahead, albeit slow, we can at least dream of the day when everything is back to where it belongs. We moved things out of our bedrooms (my soap room included) in order to work on flooring, and our living and dinning areas are filled with clutter. I haven't been pleased with the sight, and I guess it shows in my soaps...
I tried swirling, but it didn't come out very pretty. I tried to create a nice purple color, didn't happen either. I wanted to give it a nice texture on top, but apparently I need a lot more practice. But one comforting thing I love about soap making is, no matter how ugly the soap turns out, I know at the end of the day it's still a nice bar of soap I can enjoy in the shower. Now all it takes is time to transform these babies into something wonderful!