Thursday, June 17, 2010

Olive Oil Soap


Taking out an old bar of soap to use is like unwrapping a long-awaited present.

The anticipation starts when I pick up the soap from my soap room and quickly builds up during my short walk to the shower.

The feeling then gets replaced by the excitement as soon as I turn on the water.



And, the grand unveil!

I made these soaps more than two years ago, and now I only have one left.  I would've kept the last one a little longer if it's not for the tiny DOS on one side of the bar.  I guess that DOS is my signal to start enjoying the soap.


This soap has everything an old soap has to offer, and taking a shower now is like getting a quick home spa.  Unfortunately Hubby doesn't share the same passion with me.  To him, it's a "good soap", and that's it.




The original gel marks have long gone.  I hope this is of some comfort to soapers out there who wonder if these marks will ever disappear.


In fact, I think I love this bar so much that I think I'm going to make the same one and let them sit for another 2 years!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus